If you have a passion for food and fresh ingredients matched with meticulous preparation we want to meet with you! Bex is seeking a full time Sous Chef to oversee food preparation and ensure exceptional quality for catering & events operations in Califon Boro with opportunities for growth as the business grows. A successful candidate will be able to emulate our executive chef’s specifications and guidelines with the highest quality.
- Managing the kitchen team and ensuring food safety standards.
- Seeking a professional that is capable of utilizing culinary and managerial skills to maintain and enhance customer satisfaction, along with being able to execute chef’s instructions for meticulous preparation that aligns with the brand.
- Ideal candidates must have experience in a kitchen environment, be able to re-produce high quality dishes from provided recipes, ensuring highest quality standards for execution. Knowledge and experience with ordering supplies and overseeing a kitchen with multiple departments and off site locations.
- Responsible for training the kitchen team, establishing kitchen schedules and assessing performance. Responsible for maintaining a professional approach with the team and all of our clients.
- Representing the department at Manager meetings.
- Utilizing Bex tools for operation; google calendar, excel, job sheets, understanding contracts.
Must have own transportation and ability to work varying shifts at multiple locations. 2+ years of experience as a sous chef
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management. References required.
- Accuracy and speed to handle emergency situations and provide solutions
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer programs (restaurant management software, nutritional labeling, point-of-sale etc.)
- BS degree in culinary science or related certificate not mandatory however a plus
To apply to this position, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.