Do you want to be part of our fun and fabulous team where we are passionate about food? Bex is seeking a full time Pastry Chef to oversee the wholesale and retail operations of the Bakery Department to ensure exceptional quality for bakery items for our catering & events operations in Califon Boro with opportunities for growth as the business grows. A successful candidate will be able to emulate our executive chef’s specifications and guidelines with the highest quality.
- Operate and manage the pastry section of Bex kitchen, working together with the other chefs and under the direction of Head Chef
- Prepare a variety of scratch made baked goods from existing recipes including; bars, scones, breads, cakes, cookes, pastries and the like. Decorate and present pastries and baked goods in a tasteful and beautiful way
- Monitor, manage and order ingredients, supplies and equipment according to the needs of the business and budget allowed.
- Meet with customers to discuss custom-made desserts or baked goods for special occasions
- Ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations at all times
- Identify staffing needs, help to recruit new personnel and train them while ensuring operations and efficiency
- Develop new seasonal recipes and menus and keep up with the latest trends and foods in season.
Must have own transportation and ability to work varying shifts at multiple locations. 2+ years of experience as a pastry chef
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management. References required.
- Accuracy and speed to handle emergency situations and provide solutions
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer programs (restaurant management software, nutritional labeling, point-of-sale etc.)
- BS degree in culinary science or related certificate not mandatory however a plus
- Morning/weekend availability
- Servsafe food managers & food handlers certification
To apply to this position, please fill out the form below and attach your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.